An English speaker’s perspective

Discover Spanish With Us


» by in: Nouns

Previously I had posted the word capacitar. Usually the person who is doing the capacitación is called an asesor. The word means an adviser, but when they are capacitando someone, they could be called a trainer.

I hear this word used more in one on one situations where one person is being trained for a specific job task. But I have also seen it used in group classes. I believe I have only heard it used when the subject is one of intellectual nature as opposed to physical. If the trainer is teaching something physical, particularly a sport, they are called an entrenador.

  • 1

    And one who has completed the training is then “capacitado” 🙂

    Open English on December 6th, 2007


RSS feed for comments on this post | TrackBack URI