An English speaker’s perspective

Discover Spanish With Us


» by in: Nouns

A subdivision of houses is called a fraccionamiento in Mexico. This is used when a section of town is a “planned” section. Usually houses that are similar or identical in design and probably built by the same company–a housing development. In Argentina they call this a loteo.

The word fraccionaminento comes from fraccionar which means to divide up.


RSS feed for comments on this post | TrackBack URI